The city is basically divided into north and south districts.
- Those living north of Washington (91st Street) have curbside pickups on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Those south of Washington have pickups on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The exception is a one-mile section bordered by Houston and Washington and Olive and Aspen, which is included in the Tuesday-Friday collection schedule.
- I'm a new resident. How do I set up trash service?
- What time do I need to set out my trash on pickup day?
- Is a bag required for waste disposal and pickup?
- Where do I redeem my trash bag vouchers?
- Why do I need to schedule a bulky waste pickup for large items that were picked up in the past?
- What items require a bulky waste pickup?
|New Year's Day Jan. 1, 2020||No effect on service.|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Jan. 20, 2020||No refuse service Monday. Monday service moves to Tuesday; Tuesday service moves to Wednesday.|
|Presidents Day Feb. 17, 2020||No refuse service Monday. Monday service moves to Tuesday; Tuesday service moves to Wednesday.|
|Good Friday April 10, 2020||No refuse service Friday. Service resumes on next regularly scheduled day.|
|Memorial Day May 25, 2020||No refuse service Monday. Monday service moves to Tuesday; Tuesday service moves to Wednesday.|
|Independence Day (Observed) July 3, 2020||No refuse service Friday. Service resumes on next regularly scheduled day.|
|Labor Day Sept. 7, 2020||No refuse service Monday. Monday service moves to Tuesday; Tuesday service moves to Wednesday.|
|Veterans Day Nov. 11, 2020||No effect on service.|
|Thanksgiving Nov. 26-27, 2020||No refuse service Thursday and Friday. Service resumes on next regularly scheduled day.|
|Christmas Eve Dec. 24, 2020||No refuse service Thursday and Friday. Service resumes on next regularly scheduled day.|
|Christmas Day Dec. 25, 2020||No refuse service Thursday and Friday. Service resumes on next regularly scheduled day.|
|New Year's Day Jan. 1, 2021||No refuse service Friday. Service resumes on next regularly scheduled day.|
Green Waste (Leaves, grass clippings and tree limbs)Broken Arrow residents are able to utilize the City of Tulsa's Mulch Site free of charge. Simply present a valid ID or recent utility bill as proof of address. The Tulsa Mulch site, located at 2100 N. 145th E. Ave., accepts tree limbs, grass clippings and leaves.
Patrons can also pick up firewood. A cutting area is available but you must bring your own saws.
Items not accepted are root balls or trees with foreign materials (such as fencing or concrete), rock, pipe, lumber or treated wood, trash, dirt or building materials.
The Mulch Site is open seven days per week, excluding City of Tulsa observed holidays. Hours are 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
If you observe a deceased animal on the side of the road, please call the Action Center at 918-258-3587 with the location. The Streets or Sanitation Department will pick it up.
If you need to dispose of a deceased pet, please call the Action Center at 918-258-3587 and request a pick-up. You will need to place the animal in a trash bag and place on the curb.
Most of Broken Arrow's trash is taken to the Covanta Energy-from-Waste Facility in west Tulsa. This 22-acre facility processes 1,125 tons-per-day of solid waste from the Tulsa area, generating up to 298,000 pounds per hour of steam. The steam is used to power a turbine generator that produces 16.8 megawatts of clean, renewable energy that is sold to Public Service Company of Oklahoma.
Hazardous Waste Disposal
The Broken Arrow Municipal Authority (BAMA), which is comprised of the five City Councilors and oversees the City’s Sanitation service, unanimously approved adopting a curbside recycling program for Broken Arrow refuse customers at its Nov. 5, 2019, meeting.
The approved recommendation includes:
- Converting the entire City to once per week collection via rerouting
- Issuing all customers a 96-gallon blue recycling cart with the option to opt-out
- Issuing all customers a black refuse cart with multiple size options
- Implementing a walk-up service for disabled and elderly customers
- Discontinuation of the City-provided trash bag program
- Replenishing the City’s sanitation fleet with automated trucks for collecting recyclables
Click here for more information.