Burn Permit

Permit Needed for Open Burning

In order to burn within city limits, residents are required to have a permit. Here's how you can obtain a residential burn permit:

  1. Fill out an application for a residential burn permit at the Broken Arrow Fire Department headquarters, located in the Public Safety Complex, 1101 North 6th Street, Broken Arrow OK, 74012. Filling out the application takes about 5 minutes and can be completed while there.
  2. Turn in the application to the Fire Prevention Division. 
  3. Once the application has been turned in, a Fire Prevention Officer will come out and inspect the intended burn site.
  4. If the intended burn site meets all requirements, you will be issued paperwork with your name, address, telephone, address of the intended burn site, and a permit number.
  5. Take this paperwork to the Utility Customer Service office, 116 E. Dallas Street (south end of City Hall). You will need to pay a permit fee of $50. Be sure to keep your receipt!
  6. Take this receipt back to Fire Department headquarters to receive your permit.
For further questions or information, please contact the Broken Arrow Fire Marshal’s office at 918-259-8360.