Rose West Dog Park
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
For the safety of residents, guests, and their dogs, the following rules apply at the Rose West Dog Park.
1) An “off-leash park area” is an area within a City of Broken Arrow park designated by the Parks & Recreation Department for the purpose of allowing dogs to roam without leashes.
2) “Owner” means any person, firm or corporation in possession and control of or custody of a dog.
3) Any owner bringing a dog into an off-leash park area shall be responsible for complying with these rules and any other rule, regulation and ordinance necessary to protect the health, welfare and safety of park users.
4) An owner bringing a dog into an off-leash area is liable for and assumes the risk for the dog’s conduct.
5) No person under 16 years of age shall be permitted to bring a dog into an off-leash park area.
6) For safety reasons, children must be at least 12 years old and supervised by an adult to use the dog park. Children must behave in a responsible manner: no running, chasing dogs, or petting dogs without the owner’s permission.
7) A dog outside an off-leash park area shall be under the physical control of its owner by means of a leash not exceeding six (6) feet in length or be under the owner’s immediate control. Dogs are recommended to be kept on a leash until the owners/custodian and dog(s) are in the dog park and the entrance gates are fully closed after entry.
8) A dog within an off-leash park area shall be under the owner’s immediate control. All patrons of the Dog Park must carry their leash with them at all times.
9) An owner of a dog creating a disturbance or not being properly controlled can be evicted from an off-leash park area. Upon leaving an off-leash park area, an evicted owner shall also remove his or her dog.
10) No dog shall be allowed in the park area who has been previously found to be a vicious animal by a Court or who’s owner has plead no contest or guilty for failing to comply with the City’s or the State’s regulations regarding vicious animals.
11) Any dog within an off-leash park area shall not be under six (6) months of age, and shall be currently vaccinated against rabies and have a current City of Broken Arrow license affixed or attached to the dog’s collar or harness.
12) No dog which has not been spayed or neutered shall be permitted within an off-leash dog park.
13) No dog which is injured or diseased shall be permitted within an off-leash park area.
14) Any excreta deposited in an off-leash park area shall be promptly removed and appropriately disposed of by the dog’s owner.
15) No vicious dog, as defined by the City of Broken Arrow Animal Code, shall be permitted within an off- leash park area.
16) Any dog left unattended within an off-leash park area shall be deemed “at-large” in violation of the City of Broken Arrow Animal Code.
17) No owner and dog shall enter or remain within an off-leash park area between one half (1/2) hour after sunset until one half (1/2) hour before sunrise.
18) No dog weighing more than 30 pounds shall be permitted within an area designated for small dogs. Owners allowing their small dogs to enter a designated Large Dog Area do so at their own risk and assume responsibility for whatever damage or injury that may result. (It is highly recommended you not allow your small dog in the Large Dog area)
19) No food, treats, alcoholic beverages (soft drinks and water are allowed), squeaky toys, or children’s toys are allowed in the dog park. This is a recreation park for dogs accompanied by their owners.
20) Smoking shall be prohibited within an off-leash park area.
21) No professional dog trainer/behaviorist shall conduct any training or business activity within an off-leash park area.
22) No more than three dogs per person on any one visit.
23) Bicycles, rollerblades, roller-skates, skateboards, and strollers are prohibited. This is a recreation park for dogs accompanied by their owners. (Wheel chairs are allowed.)
24) “Stop your dogs from digging.” Fill in any holes your dog may dig or make appropriate repairs to disturbed areas.
25) Playing catch (i.e., football, baseball, etc.) between people/ or using remote controlled toys, which can cause harm to the dogs in the park, is not allowed.
26) Choke, prong, pinch, shock, and spike collars must be removed inside park area.
27) Dog behavior can be unpredictable around other dogs and strangers. For the safety of all the dogs at the parks, immediately leash your dog if it exhibits aggressive behavior and leave the dog park area. Protect yourself and your dog. If aggressive behavior is observed, take immediate action: either move your dog to another part of the park, or leave the park.