The City of Broken Arrow is excited to kick off its recycling pilot programs to seek customer input about possibly adding curbside recycling, a service not currently offered but recommended by residents in a 2016 customer survey.
The programs will test “Single Stream Recycling,” which means no sorting of recyclables is required. All program recyclable materials, including paper, cardboard, glass, metals and plastics, may be placed together in the blue cart. Recyclables are picked up and transported to a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) where they are sorted, processed and marketed for reuse.
There is no additional charge for the recycling cart or the collection. The City has as its goal for the sanitation monthly service charges to be unaffected by the change.
What can be recycled?
|Cans - Aluminum & Steel|
|Glass - Bottles & Jars|
|Plastic - Bottle, Jars & Tubs|
|Paper & Cardboard - Flattened & Dry|
What cannot be recycled?
|Tanglers - Hoses, Chains & Wire|
|Clothing - Consider donating|
|Diapers & other soiled items|
Also, anything from the garage, yard or shed
Recycling cart tips
- Place all materials loose in your bin or cart.
- Do NOT put recycling in plastic bags and do not put plastic bags in recycling cart.
- Paper sacks are great and help keep recyclable materials contained before you bring them to the cart.
- Do not put extra recyclables on top of cart, try to fit everything in the cart.
- To prevent windblown debris and the collection of rainwater, the lid should be closed completely.